Saturday, November 26, 2011

Make decorative functional.

I've been staring at this bottle of 2004 Evian for the longest time.  It came with a blue plastic cap and should look like a drop of water.  But the plastic cap cracked so I got rid of it.  Now, it looks like this:


A simple bottle.  I really like the details especially when you put it up against light, the 'snowflakes' on the bottle look like they're floating inside the glass bottle.  Pretty cool huh.  I don't have the heart to sell this cause I really like it (of course unless you like it more... then we can always discuss) but I don't want it to sit on my shelf and collect dust either.

So I've been staring at it for at least half an hour, trying to figure what else can I do with it.  It's too big to be a paperweight.  I actually thought of making it 'disperse' light, if I could get a bare light bulb and set it behind it.  And it will do some pretty serious lighting up in dark corners compared to a single light bulb alone, casting faint snowflake shadows.  But overall, I couldn't figure how it could be aesthetically appealing - bare bulb, wires and all.  I asked Google for opinions and it showed me how to make water bombs with bottles :P Wow, like what are our kids learning (worse, teaching) these days.

If you have any idea, please do share with me!  I just wanna make some good use out of it and my creative juice hasn't hit.  Let me know? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment