Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Collecting glass jars! Recycle please ♡

Hello everyone,

If you have any glass jars at home (wide-neck ones only please!) and you don't want them anymore, please feel free to pass em' to me :) I figure they will definitely come handy when one day when I decide to expand my jam empire.  Ha ha ha.

Type sample:


It would help me tremendously if you could do the simple following before passing me your jars:

1) Check if they're all jam-friendly (wine bottle is not jam-friendly and I am not your neighbourhood dumpster :Pp)
2) Try to remove the sticky label from the jar if you've purchased it from the supermarket via an au naturale way, it's really not as difficult as you think it is.
3) Wash em' CLEAN and air-dry em' (strawberry jam with remnants from the past is not cool)
4) Make sure they are really dry before screwing back the lid (trapped moisture for a prolonged period of time is simply gross)
5) Once you've done all of the above, pack em' in a box/bag and send them to me!
6) And lastly, keep posted on this blog to see what happened to your jar :)

Anyway, I've also taken an interest in 'glass-etching' which is a technique in creating artwork on glass using acid or abrasive substance - that gives you the same effect as sandblasting.  Maybe when I learn how to do this, then I can sandblast my own car's windows from now on ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment