Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New Good Samaritan Project coming your way in 2013!

I've had a pleasant surprise call today.  It all started when I was clearing some of my old books and wondered where I could sell them.  And so I thought and thought and thought.  Perhaps yea, we could give it away instead.  I think the easiest channel would be to homes but ... really?  I think they'd appreciate a slice of meat and a bowl of rice more than books.  To avoid falling into the first instinct trap which is to 'offload' unwanted items into homes, I explored a couple of other channels.  And in doing so, I got connected with a lot of like-minded friends who love books but feel that it's time to give them away.

So I contacted a neighbourhood mall and asked if they're interested in creating a book corner at their customer's waiting area.  I pitched the idea to them over Facebook, they called and seem delighted with the idea!  But of course, although it's a side charity project for me but I understand that they have a business to run and an image to keep.  So we both agreed to draft a more detailed plan and a better designed concept if and should the collaboration come through next year in January.  I'm so happy! :)

Now, you guys who have books that you want to give away, it's time to start packing them nicely and perhaps, donate it to this project?  I'd even love a suggestion for the project title :)

Will keep you guys posted!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment